Facing dark clouds of despair
With a brain blankly confused
Closing my eyes from surroundings
Avoiding a gashing knife wound
If only, pain would leave the body.
If only, darkness scatters light.
Memories of lies and temptations
Planted in the mind
A pool of quicksand hindering a bleeding heart
Drowning in a sea of forgetfulness.
If only, a game exists where I hit the restart.
Swirling into a black hole,
Throwing my hands up
I cry in disgust
Desperately escaping the serpent’s grip.
Grasping for one final breath
Place the drumbeat back in my heart.
I stray away at a late hour
Strolling the quiet streets
Hearing the crunch of the leaves,
The whisper of the breeze,
Smelling the raccoon’s rotting bones
Scared and alone,
I scribble in a journal,
“I can’t do this on my own!”
Satan stole the air I breathe
Like a poisonous gas crowding my lungs
Causing me to suffocate more
Weakening me like a madman
As if a tsunami crashes into shore.
Inserting anxious hands in my pockets
Dropping angrily to the pavement
I don’t know where to go
Until I gaze upon a small, white book,
A book watching,
Waiting for me
On the edge of a dusty road.
Beginning to explore this book
I feel a renewal of the Spirit
Like drinking from a lively stream
I pant for more like a deer in the woods,
Praying this moment wouldn’t be over.
With the dark clouds removing themselves
The sun overpowers.
I carry myself back home.
Bandage my wounds.
Throw away the past.
Heading back to bed
With this book,
I feel God's mighty touch.
I once felt lost but no longer alone.
No comments:
Post a Comment