Thursday, August 25, 2011

Humility

I do not think I have ever written about humility before. I know what it is, and I know what it means. However, it is very hard to show humility when around other people. Being humble is difficult to do for everyone including myself, but God calls us to be humble. No matter the type of people we hang around or the environment in which we live and work, God wants each one of us to be humble because God sent his only Son into this world not to be served but to graciously and humbly serve those around him. Jesus is the ultimate example of what humility truly is. As Christians, we are followers of Jesus Christ. If we consider ourselves to be followers of Christ, we walk in Jesus' footsteps and show humility. It does not matter how much we are persecuted by others. It does not matter if the people around us are constantly getting the attention, the praise, and are being exalted. Trials and tribulations are inevitable in this life. If Jesus can be humble and go through persecutions, then so can we if we place our faith and trust in the Lord Jesus Christ. Bottom line is that in due time, those who are humbled will be exalted eventually (if not on Earth, for sure in Heaven). Those who exalt themselves will be humbled and those who humble themselves will be exalted some day by Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment