Friday, August 5, 2011

Taking the Back Road

Do you ever wish you had more time throughout the day to accomplish tasks that must get done? Do you ever feel stressed from the busyness ans the chaos of this world? Do you feel like you are alone, you are drowning, and you are about to give up because there are so many things happening out there that it is hard to keep up? I know I can answer yes to all of those questions, and I bet you can too. It is so easy to get caught up in all that the world has to offer, so we forget the truly important and special things in life. We forget why we are here. We forget our purpose. Life is so short. There is no reason to get caught up in a world of troubles. If we get caught up in the stresses and the chaos of this life, how are we supposed to fulfill a purpose that God has for each and every one of us? How are we supposed to enjoy life? If you are struggling to answer these questions like I am, think about this next thought. Someone once told me that you are not truly living until you are absolutely ready to die. I think this idea is so true because it reminds us why we are here on Earth. We are on Earth for God to further the Kingdom. You are not here for yourself. You are here for service to others and obedience to God and his amazing will. So, it is important to take time off from the world. Each day, it is important to shut your brain off from the things happening around you and take time to talk to your Creator, listen to what He has to say, and act on what he tells you. Enjoy this life while you can because death is near for us all. I used to be afraid of death and even talking about it was somewhat scary, but I realized that I do not have anything to be scared of because I know where I am going when my time comes. I know life is a climb, but every once in awhile, I like to drive down the back road, listen to some country music, relax, and I have a wonderful time talking and listening to God. Taking the back road does not mean taking a shortcut. It means taking time out of your busy schedule to enjoy the life you have and to dig deeper in your relationship with Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment