Wednesday, May 26, 2010
Me, Piano, and God
I have been playing piano ever since I was seven years old. The sounds of this magnificent instrument are like none no other. Every time I sit down and play, it is like magic. I cannot stop. I believe everyone has purpose in life, and I believe I was called and brought to this earth to play piano for the joy of others and for the joy of God. One of the ways I develop my relationship with God is by piano. God gave me this wonderful gift and I am truly grateful for it. Playing and writing music is my special talent that no one can take away from me. Every time I play the song, "Blessed be Your Name," I feel filled with the holy spirit and just start to play louder and louder until I fill the entire room with such amazing notes. When I start to play, "He is Exalted," I have this feeling of wanting to praise God forever and ever. I feel God's Almighty presence hovering over me when I sit down at the piano bench and begin to play. It is such an awesome experience for me. Every time I write notes, I feel like God is leading me and telling me what should go next. I play piano almost every day because this time is my quality, unrushed time with God. It is a time for me and God to hang out and chill for an hour, thirty minutes, or even five minutes. I play piano to worship God in hope to share the wonderful news of Jesus Christ with others when they hear my music. I want to bring happiness and joy to people's faces when they hear the sounds of what I have to offer. God has spoken to me, and He has told me that He wants me to continue playing piano no matter what for the rest of my life to reach out and touch the lives of those that are hurting and need saving. Now, music is something I enjoy deeply, but it is not something that is in my career path. I play piano because I want to play. I play for inspiration for myself and for others. I write music to develop my identity, to spend time with God, and to influence and to help others around me. Piano is my destiny. God has plans for everybody. God specifically chose me to play and write piano so that I can plant the seed in my school, in my neighborhood, in Burnsville, in Minnesota, in the United States, and in the world. God has given me a calling and that calling is the piano. God gives me a voice and lets me speak confidently and boldly through the keys of a piano. That is probably why God made me a shy person. He made me shy so that I would be able to do his will through music and writing. Piano for me is setting aside unhurried time each week to sit at Jesus' feet. Johann Sebastian Bach once said, "The aim and final end of all music should be none other than the glory of God and the refreshment of the soul." Music is so wonderful. I could not imagine a world without it. Music is a universal language. It is a powerful connection between all mankind. When I play, I play for the glory of God. I could just sit at Jesus' feet and play piano forever. Piano is my soul. I am not sure if there will be a piano in heaven or not, but I know there will be music. I will rejoice and send praises to the Lord always. Piano is not about how many songs I can memorize, how many pieces I learn, or how many compositions I write. Piano is about having a deep, spiritual connection with Jesus on an intimate, friendly level. Playing the piano over all these years has helped me grow and develop in my walk with Jesus. At the end of the day, it is not about accomplishment, achievement, or how much you get done. It is about relationship.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment