Saturday, May 21, 2011

Christian (Contemporary) Music

Here is a sampling of one of Remedy Drive's newer songs: Light Makes a Way.

What do Carrie Underwood, Remedy Drive, Casting Crowns, Natalie Grant, Chris Sligh, Justin Bieber, and Sixteen Cities all have in common? All of them are Christian artists/groups. Also, they are all contemporary musicians, but they represent a wide variety of styles in the music industry like country, rock, and pop. Even with this diversity, they are all making and performing songs for the glory of God. Each one of them has a gift from God, and each one is using that gift to fulfill God's purpose, touch many lives, and be faithful examples of Christ through their music. I love contemporary, Christian music, and I do support many of the artists and the bands that enjoy what they do because they have a passion for Jesus Christ.

The one thing I like about this type of music is that the lyrics to many of the songs are clean. They have positive messages, and they can really speak to my heart when I listen to them. Through contemporary, Christian music, I can really feel the Holy Spirit moving through me. There was one experience I had that really changed my life and really brought me closer to the Lord. This experience happened a couple years back in 2009 at a youth conference in Duluth. The worship band playing at this conference was Remedy Drive. It was the very first time I heard their music, and it was a marvelous, significant moment for me. I felt the Holy Spirit move me and change my heart, but I also felt the Holy Spirit stir the hearts of the entire auditorium. This powerful example in my life just shows that God can use music to bring Christians and non-Christians together into fellowship. God uses music and musicians to spread his word and his message throughout the world. Music is a powerful art form in this world. Ever since that youth conference in 2009, Remedy Drive has been one of my favorite bands to listen to. The music of Remedy Drive reached out and touched my life with inspiring messages and powerful words.

However, I am not saying there is not good music out there besides Christian, contemporary music. Besides Christian music and artists, I do like Country music, Jazz, Classical music, and various other styles and musicians.

Through the magnificent, awesome work of Christian artists and bands, Christ can become revealed to the world. Through worship, lives and hearts can change like mine did at the youth conference in 2009. It is amazing what God can do through music. Through music and worship, God can change us, mold us, and watch us grow and develop spiritually in our faith and trust in Him. God can challenge us, lift us up from the valleys of life, and He can give us hope.

Most important, worship is about praising and thanking God for all that He has done in our lives. Music gives us one way of expressing worship and thanks to God. The Christian artists/bands that I listed at the beginning are just a few of the many hard working musicians in this world trying to make a difference. However, you do not need to be a professional musician or an amateur musician for that matter to worship, make a difference, and leave a significant impact on the world. You just need to have a heart for Jesus Christ, and most important, you just need to come to Jesus Christ just as you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment