Why do I enjoy being a writer? That is a very good question because I know a lot of people who do not enjoy the art of writing, but I am not here to talk about that. I am hear to talk about why I personally enjoy writing. To give you an idea why, I am writing this post now to destress myself from a long day at school right before finals. That's right. I said it. I use writing to destress myself from situations. It is a relaxing technique to calm me down. I have not written in awhile, so maybe that is why I have been so tense and stressed lately. hmmm... Anyways, I love to write.
One reason I like to write is because I like to learn new things about the world, about new places, about fun ideas, about interesting opinions, and most important, I like to learn about myself. It is true that writing helps you learn, especially about yourself. Writing allows me to pour out all of my mixed up, jumbled thoughts in my brain onto a neat, organized piece of paper (or word document). It gives me a chance to express myself in new and interesting ways. It allows me to see how I am progressing and developing as a person, and it gives me a chance to see the world in a whole new perspective.
I have a passion for writing. Writing is my way to interconnect identities in an evolving world. I know God has given me a true gift in being a writer, and I strongly believe he will use my writing for his purpose in order to further the Kingdom. I do not know what that purpose might be yet, but I know God has a plan for me and my writing now and in the future.
Finally, I am going to share something from my heart. I do enjoy going to the University of Minnesota to get an education and a diploma. I understand that the whole point of going to college is to develop skills and abilities to apply in a career someday. However, my long-term goals have little to do with getting a job I like and the education I am getting. Maybe, that is why I have had a hard time choosing a major. Do not get me wrong. I do think school is strongly important and beneficial. Of course, I will need a job and an education, but my ultimate purpose on this Earth is to serve the Lord. My God given talent is writing, and I plan to utilize that talent to its full potential.
No comments:
Post a Comment