Wednesday, May 4, 2011

I love the way you hold me

The journey through life can be difficult at times. There are struggles, there will be pain, and challenges are inevitable. We are all faced with challenges on a daily basis. We might feel depressed or lonely. We might have relationship problems with family, friends, or co-workers that are not resolved. We might even be persecuted for being too "weird" and feeling left out. We might have a deceased family member still in our hearts, or we might feel sad because a family member is serving overseas or is not home. Whatever the circumstances, no one has to feel alone as they go through something difficult. If you are facing a challenge, odds are someone else is going through the exact same trial. Through the challenges and difficulties of this world, it is easy to be discouraged, but it is important to hold on because God is holding on to you, and He will not let you go.

Personally, I like to be challenged. For one thing, challenge helps me grow as a person. It helps me see my unique identity in this world. Challenge is what makes me stand out, and it helps me see my unique purpose that God has for me on this Earth. Also, challenge is a test of my faith. It helps me to see God's vision from a whole new perspective. Challenge gives me a chance to develop a deeper relationship with God because if I had no challenges or difficulties, I would have no reason to rely on God for help. There would be no reason to grow in a relationship with Jesus. However, in reality, there is a reason to build a strong foundation in Jesus. With him, all things are possible. Philippians 4:13 says, "I can do everything through him who gives me strength." God gives us everything we need on a daily basis to face our challenges at work, the difficulties at school and at home, and to face our enemies. God is always there for you. He wants to hold you and comfort you.

One thing in my life that I have a hard time dealing with is stress. Sometimes, I find it difficult to balance the different aspects of my life like school, job searching, writing, music, and personal time with God. I like to have everything in my life organized and all planned out, but sometimes not everything goes as planned. I know that the stress and busyness from work will sometimes distance my relationship with God. Whenever I start to feel distant from God, I just have to remind myself that I am living for him. My purpose on this Earth is to fulfill God's purpose. No matter how stressed or anxious I am, I know I can count on God to take care of me, turn my day around, and bring me hope for the future. No matter where I am in life or no matter how I am feeling on certain days, I am certain that I have an amazing God who has an amazing love for me. No matter how depressing a job search might be, God will provide for me now and in the future. One of my favorite verses in the Bible is from 1 Peter 5:7 which says, "Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you." This is probably one of my best life verses I can think of right now because it is what helps me get through challenging, difficult days. At the end of the day, the only thing that truly matters is God's love and my relationship with my Heavenly Father. No matter what I do or no matter what I may go through on a given day, I have a Father who will shine a light on my path and lead me through the mountains and the valleys.

Last Sunday, when I attended church, the pastor was talking about how we can be certain in Jesus Christ. That is so true. There are so many uncertainties in this world that can lead us into despair. There are risks that we do not know about. In a world filled with uncertainty, we can be certain in one thing: our relationship with Jesus Christ. We can be certain of his love and the way he holds us in these uncertain times.

Finally, I will leave you with a very cool song by Jamie Grace called, "Hold Me." I think it is a very touching, powerful song. The basic message is this: No matter what your journey through life brings you on a daily basis, God will be there to hold you.

No comments:

Post a Comment