Saturday, May 21, 2011

Inadequacy

Have you ever felt you are not good enough to do something? I know I have had that feeling many, many times. In fact, I have that inadequate feeling right now as I write. I feel somewhat depressed because I feel like I am useless. I feel like my social/talking anxiety is what is making me feel this way. My shyness is a weakness I must overcome in order to meet new people, evangelize to non-Christians, and find a job with a potential employer someday. I feel like I have a long way to go in order to overcome this mighty obstacle. Because of my shyness, constant stuttering, and poor talking ability, I lack the number one skill that employers look for in employees: communication. This skill is a huge challenge in my life right now, but I know God has a purpose for putting this obstacle right in front of me. I know God will get me through anything no matter how difficult. My communication with other people is going to slowly develop as I grow older, but probably not develop as fast as I would like it to be.

However, this inadequacy has not slowed me down one bit. Even though it is difficult for me to do, I still enjoy helping and talking to different people. I still like to do what I do best: write. I still like to play and write music for the joy of others. I still enjoy going to Church. I am still passionate about worshiping God with all my heart. I still have a thirst for knowledge, academic growth, and spiritual development. Overall, despite my communication inadequacy, I am living a good life because I know I always have Jesus Christ right by my side holding me tightly no matter how hard the rain falls and no matter how big a challenge the storms of my life become.

I am thankful for my inadequacy because it has showed me my true calling on this Earth. It has revealed the purpose God has for me. I was put on this earth to inspire people through my writing, music, and my passion for sports. I was not put on this earth to be a vocal leader, but God has a place for me as a leader by example. I thank God for my inadequacies because they have taught me that I have imperfections, and I can use these imperfections to serve Christ. My inadequacies have strengthened my faith immensely, and they have taught me to trust and rely on God for everything. Inadequacies are the challenges in my life, and these inadequacies are preparing me for the plan God has for me to serve other people.

In conclusion, we all fall short of perfection. We all have inadequacies that we may not like, but the important thing is not to worry because God has a unique purpose for each person in the world. No matter how big or small we may be, we always have God who will help us through the good times and the difficult times. You just got to have faith and trust in God that he will provide for you. All you have to do is ask. For example, if you have a fear of public speaking like I do, ask God to give you the words that you want to say in front of other people. God will help you through any circumstance. God wants to see us succeed and overcome our challenges. So, if you are struggling with a challenge today, do not give up hope. Place your hope in God, and you will never be hopeless again. Through God, we can overcome inadequacies, challenges, hopelessness, and failure. Nothing is impossible.

Any time you are feeling low, put on your headphones. Keep your head up high and dust off your shoulders. It's all right. No, it's not over. Love is here. It came to dry up all your tears. Love, love is coming through your headphones. This ain't the first time you felt like this. This ain't the last time you feel like this, but it will be fine if you can just smile.
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment