Saturday, April 3, 2010

Best Friend

Growing up, did you have a best friend who made you laugh, made you smile, supported you, and cared for you? I sure did. His name was Josh. I met Josh probably when I was in 5th grade. Josh is a very energetic, enthusiastic, and kind person to spend time with. I really did not start spending time with him until I was in junior high. We got to hang out at church youth group on Sunday and Wednesday nights. Everytime I saw Josh, he was always so nice to me. He would always talk to me, listen to me, ask me questions, and he even invited me to play football with him sometimes. With me being shy, I needed a friend like Josh in my life to encourage me and to include me. I remember going on church retreats with him a few times. He would talk to me on the bus, play football and basketball with me, and I just enjoyed seeing him. We also had a lot in common. We both played baseball. We both played music. Josh played the guitar in the youth worship band. I play the piano. We even both liked the Philadelphia Eagles. Josh was random, outgoing, and very entertaining. I did not have much friends back then, but I am glad Josh reached out to me. I am happy Josh and I met. I am glad we could get to know each other. He has taught me so much. A couple of years later, his family moved down to Georgia. After the going away party, I would never get the chance to see him again. I miss Josh to this very day. He showed me compassion when not many other people would. He respecte me for who I was. He never tried to change me like most friends do. Josh is a very passionate person. He leads by example. He has a good heart. I can tell he is on Fire for Jesus. He has a heart of gold. Even though he is a little bit younger than me (less than a month apart), I look up to him. He is a good role model to his little brother, Jeremy. Josh is so cool. Josh is a very special person. I thank him for being such an awesome friend towards me. Thank you, Josh. You are such a wonderful amigo.

No comments:

Post a Comment