Saturday, April 3, 2010

Leadership

What is your opinion about leadership? Are you a leader unto others, or are you a follower among many? How important is leadership to you? In other words, what is your philosophy on leadership? The bottom line is that I believe we should all lead by example. All people on this Earth will have times in their lives when they need to step up and be a leader. Also, all people are going to have to humbly step down and be followers. This world needs listeners. This world needs role models. Leadership is a two-way street. It is duality. There is a part of me that shows leadership. There is also a part of me that follows. These two halves are key in my life. They come together to form a unified whole. I have been known to be shy, but I know when the right time is to step up and take action. I am a leader on the soccer field. On the field, I lead by example. During practice, I always arrive early. I am usually the first one there. Plus, I am usually the last one to leave. I encourage and uplift my teammates with positive comments. I work hard through every play. I give 110% to my coach, my teammates, the refs, the game, and to having fun. I always find ways to help improve the team. I always try my best to win the game. While at the same time I am showing goods sportsmanship and having lots of fun. In 9th grade, I remember playing soccer with a bunch of 7th graders. I could tell most of those guys looked up to me because I was the captain, I had more playing experience, and I was an exciting guy to hang out with. They were always hanging around me on the sidelines. They always talked with me and laughed with me. They would always invite me over to their houses after the games. Even the coach that year expected me to be a huge role model to these younger kids. We did not win a game all that season, but I had fun because I got the chance to influence these youngsters in a positive, uplifting way. No one can ever take this experience away from me. That moment defined who I was and who I was meant to be. I believe I was put on this Earth to be a leader, to help other people, to encourage, to show compassion, to have fun, and to leave a lasting impact on others' lives. I could never have had the strength to lead that soccer team without God. This experience in my life has been a great awakening. I learned I needed to live for God in everything I do. I need to shine the light of Jesus Christ wherever I go with my life. I need to show kindness to others just like Jesus shows compassion and kindness to me. In order to be a good leader, I need to go into battle fully prepared standing strong on the Frontline.

No comments:

Post a Comment