It was March of 2007
When the world lost a woman full of peace
God took her up to heaven
And prepared her a glorious feast
I remember the days
When I saw her face
The memories never fade away
Even when she taught me how tie a shoe lace
She had a heart filled with love
Always trying to help others in need
She prayed to her Father above
To see her grand kids happy as can be
She was a caregiver and a mother
She attended church every Sunday
Always talking to friends and others
Cause she always knew the right thing to say
My favorite holiday is Thanksgiving
I never really knew why
Until I remembered the smell and the taste
Of her fresh apple pie
In the final years of her time on Earth
She got diagnosed with cancer
I will always remember how much she was worth
If you had a question, she would be happy to answer
My grandmother is still with me
She has always been in my heart
She helped me find my true identity
Even though we are millions of miles apart.
I wrote a piano composition entitled: "Still With Me" that is dedicated to my grandmother: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaYWgSFvScc
No comments:
Post a Comment