Thursday, June 10, 2010

Broken Heart

I remember I used to be in love with you
Now, it hurts to even say your name
I thought you were the one to get me through
all the tears, sadness, and pain.

We shared some pretty cool memories
Going to the church, theater, and park
I guess everyone has a destiny
And I am here alone sitting in the dark.

I loved seeing your smile when you walked into the room
It seemed like there was something special for you and me
Perhaps, maybe things ended too soon
I just wanted to see you happy.

I loved you, that is why I had to let you go
As I sit here at Nicollet Commons Park,
I can only think of you and so
Nothing is bigger than the loneliness of my broken heart.

1 comment:

  1. We rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope.
    --Romans 5:3-4

    ReplyDelete