Monday, June 14, 2010

Destiny: What Faith Can Do

Destiny. It exists in this crazy, powerful universe. Our lives are mapped out before we are even born. Everything has been planned out from the very first day we arrive on Earth to the very final moments we leave. God created each one of us so uniquely in order that we can fulfill his perfect purpose for us. God is the master of my fate. He knows everything about me. He knows my every thought. He even knows what I am going to ask Him before I even say it. God is the pilot of my destiny. He is the captain of my future. He knows exactly what will happen in my life. God even knows the exact time and place of my death. So, why do I get scared of the future sometimes? I need to learn to fully trust and rely on God, and only then, will my fears leave me. Besides, I am living on this Earth for one being and that is God. I absolutely need Him to show me the way and to provide a light on my path. God has purposely put trials, tribulations, and struggles in our lives in order that we might come to know, love, and follow Him with all our hearts, souls, minds, and strengths. Troubling and depressing times have a purpose in life. These times are when we are tested the most. They help us to trust God with everything he does in our lives, good or bad. The decisions we make ten minutes from now or the ones we make thirteen years from now come from God. God already knows what decisions we will make for the rest of our lives. It does not mean to blame someone else or God for something terrible that happens in life. Bad things are meant for us to reflect on our identities and who we are as people. If someone asks you, "Who are you?" and you cannot answer the question, you have not been pushed hard enough during depressing times. Who are you? It is not a question of what you have done, accomplished, or achieved. It is a question of what you are doing right now. I have always tried to find my true identity. I have just realized that the only identity that matters is that of a follower of Jesus. The most important thing I can say to people is that I follow Jesus 100%. I want to be clearly identified with Christ before I leave this Earth. I want a perfect relationship with Him before it is all said and done. Life is about sacrifice. We are destined to meet people, friends, partners, and strangers. However, we are destined to let people go and let them move on, so we can allow fate to do its job and introduce us to different friends and people. I believe God does not want us to stay in the same place with the same people for very long. I think God has plans for each one of us around the world. When God finishes one chapter in our lives, He wants us to move forward into another chapter where we can meet, touch, and influence others. God is in control of my life. So, I must be obedient to Him. If He tells me to move on, it is important for me not to hang on to the past in order to obey Him, fulfill His purpose, and to continue to grow spiritually. That is why I believe God has picked or chosen a certain soul mate for each one of us before our lives ever began. God just wants us to live life to the fullest, and not to worry because He knows the perfect time to reveal the perfect someone to love us. I just have to trust that He knows what He is doing. Breaking up is one of the hardest things to do in life. If you love somebody truly, let them go. Let them be free. Breaking up does not mean giving up, it means time has come to move on. Do not look at breaking up as something that always has to be negative no matter how much it hurts a broken heart. Breaking up is God's way of letting me know that I am one step closer to my someone that God has chosen for me. Breaking up could also be God's way of telling you to find new people. If God brings two people back together after a break up, perhaps, God made something truly special between those two. Breaking up with someone is a challenge and a struggle. It tests faith. Do not stay on the ground. It is important to get back up on your horse and keep going. Sometimes, letting someone go could mean you love them even more when they return to you. God is the center of human relationships. Most important, destiny is in the hands of God. God is in the driver's seat. He does not care about accomplishments. At the end of the day, it is about relationship. To conclude, I believe in destiny, and I believe there is a light at the end of each tunnel for everybody no matter where fate takes them. Just gotta have faith. Take a listen to the song "What Faith Can Do" by Kutless.

1 comment:

  1. We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted,but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.
    --2 Corinthians 4:8-9

    ReplyDelete