Saturday, March 27, 2010

American Dream

My personal American Dream can be contributed to life experiences, parents, friends, and many other influences. My definition of the American Dream is to provide for a loving, Christian family in a proper house, to be successful and happy with my life, to try new things, to learn new ideas, to grow spiritually, to challenge myself consistently, to find a better way of living, and to work hard in everything I do with the opportunities available to me. Part of the American Dream is realizing that dreams do not usually come true. Most people will never reach their dream because of things that happen in their lives. Change happens in life. I realize that my dream may turn out in a way that I did not intend it to be because opportunities are limited.
My first step in achieving my American Dream is to attend the University of Minnesota for four years. I will work hard to achieve my dream. I want to be successful but not necessarily rich. I want a decent car that will get me and my family from place to place. I want to get married and have two kids. I want to be physically fit and healthy my entire life by eating nutritious meals, exercising every day, and getting enough sleep every night. I want a debt-free life. I want to be a money saver not a money borrower. I do not want my life to be centered on credit cards. Part of living a healthy lifestyle includes having a life where there is not too much stress. I want time and energy to go to my kids' baseball and soccer games. I want to live in a safe environment where I know my kids will grow up in a good Christian home to get a good education. I want my kids to have as many opportunities as possible. I want my family to be strongly connected to the Christian church. I want to teach my children the values of Christianity, so someday they can teach their kids the same thing. My American Dream is to not look towards material possessions because the things of this world do not last. I must continue to move forward with my family and friends in the land where anything is possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment