Saturday, March 27, 2010

How Have You as an Individual been limited by social or cultural expectations?

Social expectations has limited me in the way I dress, talk, and what I do. If my friends expect something of me, I am going to have to live up to that expectation because of peer pressure. It is not socially okay to dress a certain way in front of peers. It is not socially okay to talk a certain way with a certain group of friends. Culture expectations has limited me in the way I dress. I can't wear hats or jackets in school. They have limited me by religion. Culture expects me to marry a Christian because I am a Christian. Culture has limited me by what I can do. Wehn I get married, culture expects me to be the main provider with a stable job. They have limited me by the way I act. Culture expects me to act like an adult all the time with no time for fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment