Saturday, March 27, 2010

The Miraculous Goal

My favorite subject is soccer. I get to hang out with my friends and meet new people. I remember one of my soccer games, when my team was in the championship. We were up against the toughest team. The field was very tough to play on with all the mud and puddles in the extreme heat. So, there were no goals scored in the first half. The second half went by quickly, and the game was almost over. There still wasn’t a goal scored. The only way to beat this team was to beat them in regulation. We needed a miracle to win. Then, all of a sudden, our team had a free penalty kick. I stepped up to the penalty line, took the shot, and scored. It was exciting for me to score the game’s only goal. So, the game ended with a win, 1-0. Our team did whatever it took to win. I like soccer because it takes a team to win. It is fun when my team won, but whether we win or lose, we show good sportsmanship. Soccer is a tough game to play, but we encouraged each other to keep going, especially on a hot day. Soccer helps me relax and it helps me gain confidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment