Saturday, March 27, 2010
Identity
I do not know who I really am. I am still trying to find my identity. I believe having an identity is powerful to have in a world filled with six billion people. I have learne identity is not something I can borrow or share with someone else. Identity is classifying with groups of people. Identity is family, friends, abilities, talents, and ethnic backgrounds. Identity is how I fit in with society. Identity is the traits that define who I am. Identity is like looking in a mirror and asking myself one question. Who am I? It is such a basic question, but it takes a lifetime to figure out. It is the hardest question for me to answer. One of my main purposes of life is to figure out my identity. I can come close to figuring out my roles in society, but I will never fully understand my true identity. Identity is like grains of sand. There are billions of grains covering the Earth's landscape. Each grain is carved just a little bit differently from the rest. Each person on this Earth is like a grain of sand. Each person covers a different part of the earth's landscape. Each person is a little bit different, and each person has a unique role in society. Identity is like a puzzle. I do not know what my identiy looks like until all the pieces come together. Just like putting a puzzle together, identity development at times is frustrating, time consuming, confusing, experimenting, and rewarding. Each piece reveals a little more about who I am. Eventually, all of the pieces will come together, and only then will I realize how I fit in with society. Every person has a valuable role in society.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment