So, I find it helpful to write down Bible verses as I read Scripture because it helps me to better understand what I am reading, and it gives me something to look back at later if necessary. I thought I would post them regularly on my blog to share with anybody who comes across this site.
For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of an archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.
1 Thessalonians 4:16-17
It teaches us to say "No" to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in the present age, while we wait for the blessed hope - the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ.
Titus 2:12-13
So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.
Luke 11:9
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.
Matthew 11:28
If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me.
Matthew 16:24
But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
2 Corinthians 12:9-10
If we have been united with him like this in his death, we will certainly also be united with him in his resurrection.
Romans 6:5
No comments:
Post a Comment