Saturday, July 17, 2010

Taking Risks in an Uncertain World: God never lets go


How much risk do you take in your daily life? What is risk? Does this society need to take risks in order to progress and grow for a better future? Risk is about stepping outside of your comfort zone. It is about taking a chance on something that is uncertain in your life. The risk may pay off huge rewards in the end. The risk may lead to more difficulty and trouble later on. Why do we take risks? Risk-taking is what makes us better than who we are now. It is how we improve our abilities, learn from mistakes, and grow as people. Taking a risk is about ceasing the opportunity that is in front of you. It is about not being scared of the uncertainties in the future. It is about knowing that you can do all things. Nothing is impossible when you give an effort. With risk comes failure, but with failure comes another opportunity to try again and get back up on your feet.

Have you ever played RISK: the game of global domination? I have only played it a few times. The end result was I lost, or we never actually finished the game. It is a very time-consuming game. There is a lot of strategy involved, but it is also about taking risks to try to beat your friends and conquer as many countries around the world as possible. No wonder I am never good at that game. I do not know how to take risks. It is not that I am afraid of failure or rejection. It is that I have a hard time stepping outside of my comfort zone. I am shy and reserved. Also, I have a hard time making decisions because sometimes I am afraid I might make the wrong one.

Risk-taking is in the hands of God. Taking a risk means knowing that if you mess up, God will be there to pick you up and help you get back on your feet. When you take a risk, you may get rewarded. God sees your invisible deeds, and he notices them. I put my trust in God and have faith in him because he is the only one who knows that I will get through my moments in the valley. He is the only one who can get me to the top of the mountain.

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil because my God is for me. Then, who can be against me? God will never let go. My relationship with God allows me to take risks and to be who I need to be in order to do God's purpose. When God calls you to do something, he chose you for a reason, and you must follow through and be obedient to him no matter your circumstances in life. When God calls, you listen. There are no excuses. There is no turning back.

Take a leap of faith and dive right in. You make a mistake, and God will be right by your side. You need help, God is ready to lift you up. You need somebody to talk to, God is just a conversation away. I think God wants us to step out of our daily routines and activities. It is important to go out in the world and have an adventure because life is fading away. Life experiences help you to help others. Your story can lead someone to Christ. Your invitation to church can put a smile on someones face and give that person a brand new hope in life. Your talk at the coffee shop can make someones day and give them a whole new purpose that they never saw before.

What will you do to take a risk and be a Christ-like example on this earth? How can you make a difference in your community, city, state, country, or world? Being Christ-like means being an ambassador of Christ and doing what Christ would do in all situations. When you go out and try to change lives, you will find that your life will change as well. Sometimes, your life changes more. Do not be afraid to live life out loud for Jesus. If you are afraid to take risks, pray to God. He has all the answers. Jeremiah 33:3 says, "Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know." Uncertainty is a valuable part of life because if you take a risk or a leap of faith, you can get closer to God in an awesome, intimate relationship. Risk is just God's way of telling us to have faith in him because he can move mountains and get us through the storms in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment