Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Savor the Moment



Another thing most people do not know about me is that I am a cat person. I have three cats, and they are all blue point Siamese. Blue point just means they have blue eyes. From oldest to youngest, their names are Jewel, Snobelle, and Whitey. I do like dogs, especially since I can go on walks with them, but overall, I love cats. Sometimes, I believe that this preference might have to do with my personality. I am a very emotional person who is very shy, reserved, and sensitive inside. I am not outgoing, but rather I like silence and quiet rooms where I can think and ponder about things. I like all three of my cats, but Snobelle is definitely my favorite. He sleeps on my bed at night. He is sitting right next to me as I write this too. Every time I get home from school, I see him waiting for me on top of my desk, up on the window ledge, sleeping on my bed, or pawing at the door. Snobelle is my special cat. He means a lot to me because he helps support me, and he gives me lots of love.

More important, what do most cats like more than anything else? Well, my cat, Snobelle, loves sunlight. He loves to sit on the window ledge to get warmth from the sun that is beaming through the glass. When I see him sleeping on my bed during the summer, he always finds a spot where there is sunlight. Sometimes, I will just watch him as he enters and leaves the light. Other times, I will sleep with him or pet him. I like spending time with my cat. Why do cats like sunlight so much? I thought about this, and then I realized something interesting. Cats, in a way, are just like humans. They like to "savor the moment" in the "sunlight."

What do I mean by this? For humans, the sunlight represents the good times in life. The times we are happy, joyful, and excited about things happening in our lives right now. When we step into the "sunlight," we feel good about ourselves. Maybe, it was a great day with a friend. Perhaps, you saw your grandpa yesterday right before he died. These are the moments we have to savor when they happen because we are bound to step out of the sunlight eventually. We do not stay in the sunlight for very long periods of time. We constantly enter in and out of it. When we step out, you may feel hopelessness, lost, confused, troubled, depressed, or in despair. Do not worry because better days are ahead of you. You will find the sunlight again no matter what you may be going through now. Life is short, so cherish the time you have on earth. Cherish the friends and family you have for support. Just make sure to savor the moment in the "sunlight." When life is good, be happy. No one knows when they will die. If you wake up tomorrow, it is a good day. Savor the moment because things on this earth are temporary. Nothing is forever and time goes by so fast. Be grateful. Do not spend time worrying because everything will be all right and okay. Savor the moment.

Savoring the moment in the sunlight reminds me of the song by Remedy Drive, "Daylight is Coming." We must hold on because daylight is coming. Darkness must precede the dawn, and hope can be lost in the midst of the black skies. In the dark, dreams become invinsible, but the morning will come and burn out the night. We must hold on to our faith because the future is bright. Trust in God because he sees better days for each of one us. I never really understood the meaning of this song until now. It is somewhat hard to understand because most of the song is metaphorical and not literal. However, it is a very good, inspiring, positive song.

For people who do not like cats, you probably found my cat story uninteresting and boring, but I hope the application to the story made sense and was inspiring because it was and still is inspiring to me. Basically, our moments in the sunlight are when we are at the top of the mountain, but we have to step out of the light and go back down the mountain in order to help others reach the light. When we go down into the valley, we will be persecuted, but not abandoned and crushed, but not destroyed. The valley tests our faith in Jesus Christ, so we can trust in him. Being in a right-standing relationship with Jesus is the most important thing in this life. Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life.

No comments:

Post a Comment